Vehicle Registration

Renewal Registrations

You will need to provide the following information at the time of your registration renewal:
* Proof of insurance
* Previous registration
* The current mileage of the vehicle

New Registrations

In processing new registrations the town is authorized to collect sales tax on sales where the tax has not already been paid and process Maine Title Applications for vehicles manufactured in 1995 and newer.

In addition to the required information listed under renewal registrations you will also need:

  • The bill of sale or dealer’s certificate
  • Application for Maine Title
  • For a used vehicle (1995 or newer), the previous title
  • For a new (not used) vehicle, the dealer’s window sticker

New Residents

Individuals moving to Guilford from within the state, must, within 10 days, come to the Town Office and have an address change completed on their vehicle registration (no charge).

Individuals moving to Guilford from out of state, must, within 30 days of residency in Guilford, register their vehicles at the Town Office.

You will need to bring:

  • The previous out of state registration
  • The title to the vehicle if it is a 1995 or newer model
  • Proof of insurance coverage as required by the State of Maine